mE: a life in progress


javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Song, Simply...



This is my new song (and it's temporary album art, courtesy Elise Bucket Photography). I might put it on my page "The Stuff Bucket" when I become more blog-savvy. For now, it will be here.

I'm competing in Lilith Fair's Local Talent Search, and I while I can't imagine my little ol' blog is generating enough traffic to merit a plea to my readers, I'll do it anyway. Please vote for my song here: http://www.ourstage.com/go/lilithsaltlakecity ...(click on vote). If I am in the top ten by May 28th, the judges will pick out the finalists and I'll have a chance to open for some big act at Lilith Fair in July. So that would be really cool, right?

Now, some explaining about my song. The guitar that you hear was recorded last, and I'm going to blame that for my pitchiness because I think that IT is what is off key, not me :). I mean, maybe its me. But the guitar we used can have problems and we probably should have done the guitar first anyway. This is by far not a finished product (I entered it into the contest on the deadline of the competition), but I think it has potential. This is what I've got now... we'll probably go back and re-mix it later.

Feedback, please!

5 comments:

  1. I'd vote for you but that link doesn't work. I can't click on it. Fix it! and let me vote :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can either go to my facebook and find the links there (on my profile), or you can copy and paste the link into a browser (I don't know why it isn't highlighting).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd vote too but its too late!! My mom says you sound famous. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily,

    I love this song. I've listened to it exactly 17 times in the past 24 hours. Also, I think we are both mutual friends with Dana Glenn and Ashley Williams. Both of whom I love.

    On a slightly different note (pun intended), are you interested in playing at BYU's Peace Day Celebration on Sept. 21, 2010? I'm the current pres/head/queenie of the BYU Peace Day Organizing Team, and I'd love to have live music at our celebration. This isn't a guarantee, but if you'd like to get on board, it is a very likely possibility.

    If you are interested, call me at (801)-427-9904 or email me at peacedaybyu@gmail.com. For more info, you can check out/join our facebook page: PEACE DAY @ BYU.

    Thanks for your time and please keep on singing beautifully.

    -Averyl

    ReplyDelete