mE: a life in progress


javascript:void(0)

Friday, April 23, 2010

Doi!...Confound it all!

I'm so mad.

I hate microsoft and their products. I hate that I can't even copy and paste anything out of my microsoft word documents until I buy Microsoft word (I've been using a trial edition). That is so stupid.

I sound like a child. I feel like a child that's been given a cool toy to play with and then gets it torn away. But I won't cry. I'm angry I've been manipulated to get to the point where I'm dependent on Microsoft Word. I've never had withdrawals from anything before.

I had a great post coming, and now I can't even copy and paste it in.

But I won't leave you stranded for long. Here's something to tide you (and me)over.

Last night, I had a dream that I was Batman, or someone like that. A superhero. And there was this velociraptor villain. He wasn't a velociraptor all the time, but only at night time, when his form was changed biologically to be that of a huge, black velociraptor. Now, I didn't know this (but I did), until he started to change into the velociraptor right in front of my eyes. Before then, I believed he was merely one of my schoolmates. We were friends. But he was conniving, and had stolen a chemical recipe and chemicals from our professor so he could use it on himself to feel powerful and accomplish some greedy aim(s). And then he turned into a velociraptor and started wreaking havoc on my metropolis. I was scared for a while, but then I realized that as a superhero (which he didn't know I was), I had to fight for the city's freedom, and my friend's freedom, because it's not freedom to be trapped inside a velociraptor. I felt the most brave I've ever felt, walking out into the moonlight to meet my destiny, who had now transformed (in the way which dreams are wont to transform things sans explanation)into a two or three story velociraptor looking machine, tearing in slow motion through the buildings on either side.

And then the dream ended and I woke up to sunshine.

So, I want to know... Knowing me, how do you you think Batman (as me) would have defeated his velociraptor-villain-friend? Freudian interpretations? Accompanying scores that seem appropriate?

(P.S. Yes, I would like some comments now)

1 comment:

  1. I bet Emily the Batman would have whipped out her mighty sketch book and best selling novel (obviously your alias is Emyli West, world renowned author/singer/song writer) tossed them into the air and watched as the sketches transformed into an army of medium sized raptors of the nice sort, and the novel into a chest containing all sorts of weaponry. Then you with a host of raptors at your command would take down the velociraptor-villain-friend.

    Or you would just speak words of wisdom and the villain would be so overcome by your vocabulary and logic that ripping apart the city just wasn't an option anylonger. :)

    ReplyDelete