mE: a life in progress


javascript:void(0)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

This is NOT a joke...

But it did make me laugh out loud at the supermarket.

Upon listening to my phone messages after being in class, message two is from my dear mom:

"Hey sweetie, you need to change your message ...And I got an interesting piece of mail in our mailbox today for you. It's from some place in American Fork called the 'Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.' It says 'We look forward to helping you achieve your goal of pregnancy.' And I just wanted to find out- um- if they mailed it to the wrong Emily K. Go-------... or if you are in fact, trying to reproduce on your own. I'd be very interested and curious to see. Give your mom a call back and let me know the big news..."

You know, it's flattering to get a stamped, snail-mail letter addressed directly to you in this day and age, but it's even more flattering when its contents reveal the yellow brick road to your subconcious desires-- what you didn't even know you wanted!

Maybe this company is partnering up with BYU... a preemptive strategy to add on that final layer of pressure-- "Oh, you're not wanting to have children? Our bad... it's just that, well, all your friends are doing it, we must have gotten their names mixed up with yours... same demographic brackets, ya know?" Ya.

Suffice it to say, the message had me suppressing guffaws for days. And if the original letter wasn't thrown away, I would scrapbook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment